Monday, May 2, 2011

Tale of the Broken Toe

A long time ago (2008) in a galaxy far, far away (New Hampshire) a certain campaign advance person (me) broke her pinky toe on the campaign trail. A phone consultation with a nurse family member yielded advice: "Wrap gauze or cotton around the little toe, then use medical tape to stabilize the little toe next to the other toes. Do this every day until it's healed, probably 2-3 weeks. Oh, and you have to stay off of it for a couple days--none of this walking 10 miles in one day at a rally."

But alas, medical tape and gauze were nowhere to be found in ye olde Hampton Inn & Suites.

Our hero gaff tape, aided by a trusty toilet paper sidekick, to the rescue! After a few days of down time (boo) to stay off her feet,  the advance person and her little piggie went "Wee wee wee" all the way to election day.

 If anyone asks, I was carrying 5 pieces of bike rack by myself,
and one piece slipped from my near-Herculean grip, crushing my pinky toe.
Unless risk management is asking, then I'll have to tell the real, much less cool story.


No comments:

Post a Comment