Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mom, where does gaff tape come from?

Although I don't allow any of my little padawans to call me "mom" (only "Obi Wan"), they do often ask me where gaff tape comes from. The answer? Usually I buy it from production vendors at ridiculously marked up prices when I produce an event, and I make sure to take home any unused rolls. But when I have the luxury of time I can mail order it at a cheaper price. (There are three choices in purchasing--good, fast, and cheap--and you get to pick two. I.e., if it's fast and good, it won't be cheap.)

Page from the Uline catalog
One source is Uline, which sends me catalogs in the mail from time to time. Not only do they sell lots of colors (although I don't have much use for any colors except black and white), they also sell both traditional and bright orange camouflage patterns for all your hunting and fishing needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment